27 March 2005

Critical Mass?

Well, the blog has been around for a little over two months now, and I find even my own participation to be much less than I'd like.

I was wondering how people feel about it at this point. For the non-posters, do you think you might post sooner or later? If yes, great! If not, do you still like reading what does get posted (mostly by the inestimable Mr. Rolston)?

Maybe it's worth continuing, but perhaps it should be retitled. Maybe Cinema Rolstonisio? I'm going to try and do some short takes myself. I haven't stopped watching, but nothing I've seen lately struck me as particularly blogworthy.

I think if we had more folks involved, it might generate more energy on its own. So if anyone would like to nominate new members to the group, that's fine with me.

2 comments:

HappenMaker said...

OK, here's the truth for me. I'm scared to be a blogger! I feel like I have to be witty, insightful, and somehow "correct" ... I know these are my own self-imposed fears, and I want to get over them. I LOVE seeing movies and I LOVE talking about them, but the thought of commiting my opinions to electronic paper is a bit paralyzing. So here's my first post, exposing my inner turmoil, and we'll see if I survive it. If I do, I'll plan to contribute along the lines of the original intent of this Blog. I just saw 21 films at the South by Southwest (SXSW for short) film festival in Austin a couple weeks ago, so there's lots to comment on.

--Bronwyn (aka HappenMaker)

CMM said...

I do enjoy reading kenrolston's reviews enough to be happy if the blog continued just as is.

I would also like to contribute more, but have been a bit distracted with newborn son Leo. We are starting to settle into a routine, I'm even returning to work in a couple days, and do hope to begin a bit more active participation soon.

And I agree with Matt that I would prefer if comments could be displayed by default, rather than hidden.